Acting President of the Republic of Abkhazia Valeriy Bganba signed a Decree on the Contest for Young Leaders “The Pride of Abkhazia”.
The document states:
“In order to organise the events to prepare and hold the Contest for Young Leaders ‘The Pride of Abkhazia’:
1. Consider as appropriate the holding of the Contest for Young Leaders ‘The Pride of Abkhazia’ (hereinafter – Contest).
2. The Administration of the President of the Republic of Abkhazia, not later than March 10, 2020, is to:
- develop and submit for approval the Regulation on the Procedure for the Contest;
- submit proposals on the composition of the Organising Committee of the Competition with the involvement of specialists from the Abkhazian State University, employees of the State Committee of the Republic of Abkhazia for Youth and Sports Activities, and the representatives of the expert society.
- submit proposals on the personnel of the Contest Commission from among experienced state and public figures and academics.
3. The Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Abkhazia and the central government is to support the preparation and holding of the Contest and the coverage of the events in the state mass media.
4. Encourage the administrations of cities and districts and the local authorities to implement the measures necessary for the preparation and holding of the Contest”.