The President Raul Khadzhimba met the Governor and the Chair of the Orlov district government of Russia Vadim Potomskiy, who arrived to Abkhazia together with his delegation.
Opening the meeting, Raul Khadzhimba specifically noted the old and intenseties of Abkhazia with Orlov district: “The leadership of Orlov district did a lot to assist Abkhazia in various ways after the Patriotic war of the people of Abkhazia. Today we are actively building relations with subjects of Russian Federation. These contacts and ties are another indicator of the fact that we view Russia as our main ally and strategic partner”.
The President expressed hope on further deepening of relations and development of cooperation between Abkhazia and Orlov district of Russia.
Vadim Potomskiy thanked the President for the warm welcome and shared his impressions on the stay in Abkhazia: “We can clearly see that there are a lot of prospects here. We will do everything possible to build relations with Abkhazia – in particular, economic relations, because they are mutually beneficial”.
Talking about specific forms of cooperation, the Governor of Orlov district noted: “We are the first region of Russia, the representatives of which came to Abkhazia after your meeting with the President of Russia Vladimir Putin. We would like to offer you such conditions that reflect your current economic state. We have the production that is required at your markets and I hope that today we will sign the corresponding protocol and that our products will appear on counters of Abkhazia”.
Raul Khadzhimba expressed his hope on the realization of joint economic projects and other branches of cooperation, in particular, those that are reflected in the “Protocol of work talks of the delegation of the Republic of Abkhazia and the delegation of Orlov district of Russian Federation” planned to be signed on the level of heads of governments of Abkhazia and Orlov district of Russia.
* * *
Participants of the meeting of the President of the Republic of Abkhazia Raul Khadzhimba with the Governor and the Chair of the Government of Orlov district of Russian Federation Vadim Potomskiy.
1. MIKVABIYA Artur Artemovich – the Prime minister of the Republic of Abkhazia;
2. ADZYNBA Shamil Omarovich – first Vice-premier of the Republic of Abkhazia;
3. GRIGORIEV Semen Viacheslavovich – Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Russian Federation in the Republic of Abkhazia;
4. BABKIN Mikhail Mikhailovich – deputy Governor and Chair of the Government of Orlov district on economy and finance;
5. OZDOEV Bekhan Ibragimovich – deputy Governor and Chair of the Government of Orlov district – chair of the Representation of Orlov district at the Government of Russian Fedetation;
6. AGABABOV Aleksandr Rafaelievich – assistant of the deputy Governor and Chair of the Government of Orlov district – chair of the Office of the Governor and Chair of the Government of Orlov district.