List of documents to be enclosed with the statement to citizenship of the Republic of Abkhazia for the general procedure as well as for the restoration of citizenship of the Republic of Abkhazia (docket from the Statute of order of consideration of citizenship issues enacted by the Decree of the President of the Republic of Abkhazia).
1) Residence permit;
2) Document indicating the existence of a legitimate source of means of subsistence (warrant on income of an individual, employers’ statement, employment record book, pension certificate, warrant of a social security body on receiving allowance, confirmation of receiving alimony payment, warrant of existence of deposit in a credit institution specifying account number, certificate of inheritance rights, warrant on income of an individual on whom the applicant party is dependent , or any other document, indicating a legitimate source of income) and tax statement;
3) Document of a diplomatic mission or a consular post of a foreign country in the Republic of Abkhazia or any other competent authority of a foreign country proving the legitimate inquiry of the applicant party for the renunciation of a current citizenship or unavailability of renunciation of citizenship, and a copy of this inquiry verified by a competent authority of a foreign country;
4) Document verifying actual continuous 10 year (according to the standard procedure) or 3 years (for the restoration of citizenship or for the simplified procedure) inhabitancy of the applicant party on the territory of the Republic of Abkhazia from the day of receiving the residence permit and before the day of the appeal with the application for the citizenship of the Republic of Abkhazia;
5) Family composition certificate;
6) Copy of a birth certificate;
7) Copy of the domestic passport;
8) Military status document (under 50 years of age);
9) Notarized copies of diplomas, documents indicating a science degree, awards, ranks, titles, etc.;
10) Document verifying knowledge of Abkhazian language enough for both oral and written communication in a language environment. Knowledge of a language at a particular level may be verified by one of the following documents:
- a nationally recognized document verifying the education in one of the educational institutions of the Republic of Abkhazia;
- a Ministry of Education of the Republic of Abkhazia issued document verifying that an individual passed the exam on Abkhazian language (at a level not less than basic).
11) Document verifying that a person passed the exam on knowledge of basic principles of the Constitution of the Republic of Abkhazia, issued by the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Abkhazia;
12) 2 3х4 photos;
13) Receipt confirming the payment of State duty (60 rubles per application).